International Bank Account Number (IBAN) is an international standard for identifying bank accounts. The main purpose of IBAN is to facilitate automatic processing of money transfers as well as improve the speed and accuracy of your payment transactions.
The Central Bank regulation for transactional use of IBAN will be effective as of 1st July 2013. All banks in Pakistan are required to accept and process payment instructions with IBAN.
- The State Bank of Pakistan (SBP) has decided to introduce and implement IBAN – International Bank Account Number in Pakistan.
- IBAN is an international standard for structuring account numbers. It is globally used in transaction processing, especially in cross border remittances.
- IBAN will be operationally used both for international and domestic financial transactions in Pakistan from the 1st of July 2013.
In compliance with Central Bank Circular ‘PSD Cir Let No 2 of 2012 IBAN Implementation Guidelines’, Summit Bank has successfully applied the International Bank Account Number (IBAN) to all Summit Bank accounts.
For your convenience, following are links to the IBAN Generator and IBAN Validator to facilitate you:
For more information on IBAN:
If you have any questions or require further information, please call our 24SE7EN contact center at 0800-24365.
1. Please carefully input your account number since a wrong IBAN will be generated in case an error occurs in the typing of the account number.
2. A correct and valid Summit Bank Limited account number must be entered to ensure a correct and valid IBAN is generated. Please ensure you type the SMBL account number carefully.
3. SMBL will not be held liable for any damage or loss of any nature resulting directly or indirectly from entering an incorrect or an invalid account number